Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Voted early this year

I just cast my ballot for the upcoming Presidential election.   I was hoping that voting early would save me from the crowds.   I was surprised at how long the lines were.  I assumed that people aren't as interested this year as they were in the last election.  Lawndale in particular has a very low turnout rate.  25% voter participation is not unusual in some precincts.  You would have never known that from the looks of the polling place.  Maybe they are voting twice or three times, (JK, or maybe not) At any rate,  I can't wait till the election is over.   I'm sick of all the bickering,

One thing I noticed was that the majority of the voters were older people, and by older I mean senior citizens.  I guess that trend even occurs on the West Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment